• no booking fees
  • one-way rentals available

Frequently Asked Questions

We compare multiple campervan rental providers. The below answers are a general guide – however, each company has its terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. Please make sure to check the T&Cs of your rental vehicle.

Do I need a special driver’s license to drive a campervan in the USA?

Most motorhomes and campervans can be driven with a standard, full driver’s license. If your license is not in English, an International Driver’s Permit or translation is generally required. All drivers will need to present and present a valid driver’s license on pick-up.

What is the minimum driver’s age to rent a motorhome in the US?

Most campervan hire companies in the States require drivers to be at least 21 years old. Some companies (e.g. Britz, Road Bear) require a minimum age of 25.

Enter the driver’s age into our search tool and we will filter the available RVs to match.

Are one-way rentals available?

Yes, one-way campervan rentals are quite popular. Select your start and end destinations in our search tool to compare available campers on your route.

Can I travel to Canada in my camper?

Yes, most campervan hire companies allow entering Canada, however, check the T&Cs of the supplier you are considering. Currently, no companies are offering one-way rentals starting in the US and ending in Canada.

Can we include an additional driver? Is there a surcharge?

Most companies allow for additional drivers to be nominated for a fee. All drivers must be present at pickup time and provide a valid driver’s license.

Popular Destinations in the USA